- US politician (Democrat), 44th US President (since 2009) and first African American to hold the office.
- Cautious approach to foreign affairs and prolific use of "Presidential memoranda" used to bypass a hostile Congress.
- Presidency characterised by domestic partisan gridlock and recent foreign policy successes.
- Populist Dutch politician, founder and leader of the Party for Freedom (PVV) which is the 4th-largest political party in Holland.
- Known for euroscepticism & criticism of Islam, he is at the forefront of the surge anti immigration sentiment in W-Europe.
- In Dec. 2014 charged with discrimination & incitement of hatred after anti-Moroccan statements at a political rally.
- US politician (Republican), 43rd Governor of Florida from 1999 to 2007.
- 2nd son of former President George H. W. Bush and younger brother of former President George W. Bush.
- Announced his intention to "actively explore" the possibility of running for US President on 16 Dec. 2014.
- Current Prime Minister of Japan (re-elected Dec. 2012 after 1 year term 2006/7) + President of the Liberal Democratic Party (LDP).
- Economic policy dubbed Abenomics (monetary & fiscal expansion and inflation target of 2%).
- Viewed as a right-wing nationalist.
- US TV producer (the Bold & the Beautiful) & philanthropist, & raised US$2.1m for Obama's '12 Presidential campaign.
- Appointed US ambassador to Hungary in December 2014.
- Made it clear in her Senate hearing that she knows little about the country.
- US contractor jailed in Cuba for 15 years for alleged spying.
- Arrested in 2009 for installing internet networks for the U.S. Agency for International Development (USAID), an act which Havana considered subversive.
- Barack Obama's efforts at better relations with Cuba might ensure his early release.
- American politician (Democrat), currently serving (since 2011) as 39th Governor of California (previously served as California's 34th Governor (1975 - 1983)).
- Prior political posts include Oakland Mayor (1999–2007) & Attorney General of California (2007–2011).
- Stated goals for current term (2014 - 2018) include construction of California High-Speed Rail, tunnels to boost the state's water system, & curbing C02 emissions.