- Politician, 23rd President of France (2007 - 2012) and leader of centre-right UMP party (since late Nov. '14).
- Holds pole position as UMP candidate for 2016 presidential primary contest.
- Presidency characterised by failure to meet election promises of reform, a 15% rise in public spending, a 30% rise in public debt and closer ties with the US and UK.
- US politician (Democrat) and former US President (1993-2001) inaugurated at age 46, married to Hillary Rodham Clinton.
- Policy tone of his term attributed to a centrist Third Way of governance (synthesis of right-wing economic and left-wing social policies).
- Acquitted on all impeachment charges in wake of Lewinsky Sex Scandal (1998), and left office with highest end-of-term approval rating of any U.S. president since WW2.
- US politician, former US Secretary of State, U.S. Senator, and First Lady (wife of former president Bill Clinton).
- Born in Chicago, Illinois, she is a former lawyer and graduated from Wellesley College and Yale Law School.
- Member of Democratic party and has not yet declared her intentions vis-a-vis the 2016 presidential ballot.
- French politician and longtime leader of the Socialist party who became President of France in May 2012.
- Domestic policy highlights: Supporter of same sex marriage, labor reform, pension reform and creation of a European Credit rating agency.
- Foreign policy highlights: Early withdrawal of combat troops from Afghanistan and continued close ties with Germany.
- Egyptian politician and President from 1981 - 2011.
- In Nov 2014, charges against Mubarak over the killing of 239 protesters (during the 2011 uprising against him) were dropped.
- Currently serving 3-year sentence for embezzlement of public funds.
- Romanian politician who became President in December 2014.
- Became leader of National Liberal Party in 2014, having been as leader of Democratic Forum of Germans in Romania from 2002 to 2013.
- Physics teacher and school inspector before entering politics.
- Reigning Pope of Catholic Church.
- Born Jorge Mario Bergoglio in Buenos Aires, Argentina.
- Noted for his humility, concern for the poor and informal approach to the Papacy.