- One of the two major US political parties, with over 43 million members.
- Ideology is that of Social liberalism, Social democracy and Progressivism, the cocktail of which supports a mixed economy and social justice.
- Since it's foundation in around 1828, there have been 15 Democratic presidents, the most recent of whom is Barack Obama.
- US politician (Democrat) and former US President (1993-2001) inaugurated at age 46, married to Hillary Rodham Clinton.
- Policy tone of his term attributed to a centrist Third Way of governance (synthesis of right-wing economic and left-wing social policies).
- Acquitted on all impeachment charges in wake of Lewinsky Sex Scandal (1998), and left office with highest end-of-term approval rating of any U.S. president since WW2.
- US politician, former US Secretary of State, U.S. Senator, and First Lady (wife of former president Bill Clinton).
- Born in Chicago, Illinois, she is a former lawyer and graduated from Wellesley College and Yale Law School.
- Member of Democratic party and has not yet declared her intentions vis-a-vis the 2016 presidential ballot.
- Started Sept. 2014 when activists protested outside the HK Govt. HQ & occupied intersections in response to China's decisions on proposed HK electoral reform.
- Protesters want HK to be allowed to choose leaders in 2017 elections without interference from China.
- Chinese govt. has said it will allow universal suffrage, but will screen candidates for the chief executive post in advance. Protests continue.
- French politician and longtime leader of the Socialist party who became President of France in May 2012.
- Domestic policy highlights: Supporter of same sex marriage, labor reform, pension reform and creation of a European Credit rating agency.
- Foreign policy highlights: Early withdrawal of combat troops from Afghanistan and continued close ties with Germany.
- Egyptian politician and President from 1981 - 2011.
- In Nov 2014, charges against Mubarak over the killing of 239 protesters (during the 2011 uprising against him) were dropped.
- Currently serving 3-year sentence for embezzlement of public funds.
- Romanian politician who became President in December 2014.
- Became leader of National Liberal Party in 2014, having been as leader of Democratic Forum of Germans in Romania from 2002 to 2013.
- Physics teacher and school inspector before entering politics.